austauschschueler.de Forum

Das Forum von austauschschueler.de
Aktuelle Zeit: 25.10.2014, 08:42

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Dies ist das Elternforum. Wie der Name schon sagt, sollen hier vorangig Eltern schreiben. Überlege als ATS daher bitte dreimal, ob Du einen Beitrag hier schreibst!!

Autor Nachricht
 Beitrag Betreff des Beitrags: Brief an die Gasteltern
Verfasst: 07.07.2007, 18:43 
Hallo an alle!

Meine Tochter fährt im Januar 2008 mit TravelWorks in die USA.
Nun müssen wir einen Brief an die Gasteltern schreiben,ich habe jedoch keine Ahnung wie man sowas schreibt.Kann mir jemand Tipps geben oder einen Brief einstellen,damit ich sehen wie man sowas anpackt.Ich weis,das jeder brief individuell sein soll,nur wenn ich eine Vorlage habe wies ich besser was ich schreiben soll.Wär toll, wenn mir einer helfen könnte.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati

Beitrag Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 07.07.2007, 19:16 
ist am Tag 5x hier

Organisation: INTO / ISE
Jahr: 07/08
Aufenthaltsdauer: 10 Monate
Land: USA / Illinois / Murphysboro
So dann mal meinen Brief ;)

Dear Guest parents

First of all, I would like to thank you that you are prepared to read this letter and more so that you are considering to welcome an exchange student (maybe even me?) in your family and in your home.

I would like to tell you something about me, my family my city and about my current life here in Germany.

My name is Mirjam Andrea ***, but most people call me by my nickname Miri.

I am now16 years old but I will be 17, when I will arrive in the USA for the exchange year. I am born on the 4th of August 1990 in the small town Hilden (close to Düsseldorf). I live with my mother in Wermelskirchen. Our house is really big, because my parents built for 5 persons but now most of the time, my mother and me life there alone. But Karl-Ernst Walter, my mother's boyfriend, spends a lot of time with us in our house. Our house is close to a nice forest, where my mother and her friends like to promenade at times.
When we were kids, my best friend Janna and I played a lot in the in the forest. We have built small tree houses or played in the creek. Today, Janna and I only go there for jogging.

Wermelskirchen, my city, is located in the north-western part of Germany. It is a rural area, which is called Bergisches Land (which means mountainous country). Wermelskirchen is a small city with only 37,000 inhabitants. The Downtown is very small and does not have so many shops. But there are some bigger cities in the neighbourhood like Cologne, Remscheid, Wuppertal or Düsseldorf. I am travelling quite a bit to these cities, mostly by bus, for shopping, going to the cinema or meeting friends.

My father, his second wife and her children live in Munich. So, I don't see him that much, but we talk a lot over the phone. During my holidays, I visit my father at his house. I love Munich, because it is a very nice town. When I am in Munich, my father and I talk a lot, or we visit old castles or do something else.
My two brothers have left home and live in other cities in their own flats. This is really sad, because I miss them very much. Sometimes it is very quiet at home and somewhat boring, too. When they visit us, I am really happy. Both have great and interesting lives. Johannes studies at the university and is a really good student. Benedikt is very much interested in arts and politics.

Well, that's my family. Something more about me. I attend the 10th class of a Steiner school. Steiner schools are a little bit different from normal German schools. We have subjects like gardening, forging and lots of art. But we also have normal subjects like maths, German, French, and English etc too. My favourite subject is German, because I love reading and writing. Other favourite subjects are English, French and history. I do not like maths, physics and chemistry so much.

The following is my normal daily routine: I wake up at 6:35am. At 7:17am I leave the house; my mothe's boyfriend takes me to the bus stop. There, I meet my friends and we take the bus to school. School begins at 7:50 and ends sometimes at 1:15pm or at 3:20pm. If school ends at 3.20pm I have lunch in the School canteen; otherwise, I eat at home.
After school, I do my homework, meet my friends, or go in for one of my hobbies.

Most of my spare time, I spend meeting my friends. If there are only the girls, we giggle a lot, take funny photos, go shopping, talk about everything, cook, or do other things girls like to do. If there are boys and girls together, we go out, to concerts or to the cinema, or we meet at somebody`'s home and talk a lot and make funny jokes.

I am playing Volleyball and I love it very much. But I am not really good, because I haven't played it very long and I am not tall enough.
I also like writing short novel stories, mostly stories about girls and their life. Sometimes I am writing thoughtful stories.

I love playing theater. At the moment, I play in the theater group of my school. This play deals with young people from the Bronx, who live a helpless life. Two years ago, my school class presented the musical "Oliver Twist". I like to play in a lot of plays. It is great to act as another person, which is different from me.

I also love reading. I am a big freak of Harry Potter, but of other books too. My favourites are love and emotional stories and comedies. I also like the books of the German author Cornelia Funke at lot.

The same applies to movies. I like comedies and love story films, but I am not a fan of thrillers. My favourite movie is Moulin Rouge, that was really a great film.

I also like watching TV soaps like Gilmore Girls, The OC, and German soaps.
I hear a lot of music of various styles I don't hear only punk or hip hop. At the moment I prefer bands like Rihanna, The Pussycat Dolls, Jojo, Rosenstolz, Wir sind Helden, Julie, Wise Guys and other german bands.

I have 8 really good friends. My best friend is Janna, who lives next door. We know each other from the very beginning. We see us every day and we share everything. We have the same friends and same interests. Janna is somewhat like the sister, I never had. I am really happy to have her. Another good friend is Solvi. We met at school and have been very close for 10 years. Unfortunately, Solvi changed school last summer, and we now don't see each other that often any more, which is really sad. There is also Josef. He has been my best friend for two years now. He is two years older, and really funny. I could tell you more about my friends, but the most important friend is Janna.
Certainly there are more friends with whom I spend a lot of time and with whom I have a lot of fun.

At home, I am helping my mother sometimes. I do my own laundry, clear the dishwasher and prepare the meals, when I return home earlier than my mother. But I am not good at cooking; so most of the times, I prepare frozen food. But sometimes, my good friend Lisa and I cook with a cookbook. That's fun, but normally I am very hungry when I come home and than: the faster the better.

What can I tell you more about me? I have asked my good friend Debbo to describe my character.
That's what she said: I am empathetic, caring and prepared for every joke. And that I express my opinion clearly and directly.

Ultimately, the most important message: since I was 11 years old, I had the great dream to go to America one day. O course, I was too young at that time. So I had to wait until now. I wanted to go to the USA, because it is a very great country, with people coming from all parts of the world living together in the melting pot. It is my big dream to see this country and its people, about whom we always hear in TV, the radio, cinema and newspapers. And I want to learn about the American way of life.

And I want to improve my English - you would not believe how long it took me to write this letter.

I really hope to find a family, who is prepared to welcome me to their home for ten months. This family would help to fulfil my greatest dream.

Thank you very much for having taken the time to read my letter.

I very much hope to hear from you ad look forward to meeting you in the near future in your home.

Mirjam

Ich hoffe ich konnte ihenen und ihrer Tochter ein bisschen helfen ;)

Beitrag Betreff des Beitrags: brief an die Gasteltern
Verfasst: 07.07.2007, 19:36 
Hallo Selissa,
vielen dank für deinen Brief,derwird meiner tochter sehr hilfreich sein.Aber eigentlich wollte ich wissen,wie Eltern einen Brief an die Gasteltern verfassen.

Verfasst: 07.07.2007, 21:52 
ist wirklich nicht mehr zu helfen

Organisation: into | travelworks | privat
Jahr: 08/09 | 12 | 14
Aufenthaltsdauer: länger als 12 Monate
Land: Wichita, KS, USA | Costa Rica | Mexiko
Also meine Eltern müssen auch einen schreiben und wissen mal so gar nicht, was sie eig schreiben sollen.
Vllt werden sie auch so schreiben, was wir normalerweise machen, wie ich so vom charakter her bin und das sie stolz auf mich sind und so was^^ aber eig schreib cih das ja schon selbst in meinem brief....
also würde mich das auch mal interessieren was die anderen so geschieben haben..

Verfasst: 07.07.2007, 22:00 
ist wirklich nicht mehr zu helfen

Land: Australien
meine eltern mussten das auch machen..ich glaube sie haben halt geschrieben was ich gern mach und wos probleme geben könnte und warum ich n atj machen mag und solche dinge...und der brief war ca 3/4 seite lang, also net die welt...

Verfasst: 08.07.2007, 09:37 
ist am Tag 5x hier

Organisation: (Sohn) Eurovacances
Jahr: (Sohn) 07/08
Aufenthaltsdauer: 10 Monate
Land: (Sohn) Kanada
So, dann will ich auch mal:

Anfangs habe ich mehr oder weniger, nur in anderen Worten :wink: , das gleiche wie mein Sohn geschrieben. Wo wir leben, wie wir leben, warum wir so leben wie wir leben, wie unser Alltag aussieht.

Dann ein bisschen über seine Charaktereigenschaften, was ihn liebenswert macht. Vergiss nicht, ein oder zwei der kleinen Dinge zu erwähnen, die dich manchmal an deinem Kind ärgern - schließlich ist es ein ganz normaler Teeanger und kein Engel :wink: . Erzähle ihnen, wie es Eurer Familie bei dem Gedanken ging, dass Euer Kind ins Ausland gehen will, dass Ihr es natürlich vermissen werdet und Ihr der Familie von ganzem Herzen dankbar seid, dass sie in den nächsten Monaten für Euer Kind da sein wird.

Verfasst: 08.07.2007, 10:04 
Vielen Dank für eure Antworten,
ich denke ich werde mich jetzt mal dransetzen und versuchen den brief aufzusetzten.

Verfasst: 08.07.2007, 15:58 
hallo heisa!
ich habe vor 2 jahren(solange ist das nun schon her)geschrieben,was mir an unserem sohn gefällt,was ich an ihm schätze,aber auch,was an ihm schwierig ist,z.b.dass er sehr gut seinen kram alleine regeln kann,aber hier und da auch mal einen schub braucht(zimmer aufräumen etc),dass er zuverlässig ist,sich an getroffene verabredungen hält.ich habe erwähnt,dass es so 2-3 dinge gibt die er absolut nicht isst,aber auch nicht erwartet,dass er dann was anderes gekocht bekommt.dass er anfangs ein bißchen zurück haltend ist(aber wirklich nur anfangs)und das er ausreichend schlaf braucht(welcher teenie gibt das zu????)ich habe versucht,eine möglichst objektive beschreibung von ihm zu geben

Verfasst: 08.07.2007, 20:15 
ist öfter hier

Hallo Heisa,
Tipps zum Brief hast du ja schon bekommen. Wenn ihr gerade die Unterlagen fertig macht, möchte ich dir/euch noch einen weiteren Tipp geben.

Meine Tochter ist jetzt seit 5 Monaten in Australien und hat mal mit ihrer Hostmum darüber gesprochen, nach welchen Kriterien die Familie sich eigentlich entschieden hat. Die Familie wollte eigentlich einen Jungen aus Japan für 5 Monate. Dann bekam sie mehrere Bewerbungsmappen (passende Jungen dabei). Als sie dann die Fotocollage von meiner Tochter sahen, haben sie sich spontan für sie entschieden - trotz Mädchen, Deutschland, 10 Monate. Sie meinten, da wären Fotos, bei denen sie einfach gedacht haben, die passt zu uns und haben sich danach erst die anderen Unterlagen durchgelesen, aber eigentlich stand ihre Entscheidung.

Ähnliche Geschichten habe ich jetzt mehrfach gehört und denke es ist gut, wenn deine Tochter sich vor allem auch mit den Fotos Mühe gibt. Also Fotos, die sie mit Familie, Freunden und bei ihr wichtigen Beschäftigungen/Hobbies zeigt.
Viel Glück,elwe

Verfasst: 09.07.2007, 17:39 
Hi,Elwe

Vielen Dank für den super Tipp,wir werden sicher befolgen.

Heisa

Verfasst: 23.07.2007, 12:05 
Hallo!
Wir haben neben der Vorstellung unserer Familie und Lebensumstände auch die Pflichten unseres Kindes und einige Worte zu unserem Erziehungsstil in diesen Brief einfließen lassen. Zudem wurde von auch dargestellt, wie wir den Austausch sehen und was er für uns als Eltern bedeutet und auch, wie wir unsere Tochter beurteilen. Da wir "unsere" Gastfamilie inzwischen persönlich kennengelernt haben, weiss ich, dass dies gut angekommen ist.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde